Thursday, October 8, 2009

Black Skirts for Sorority Event




These two skirts were made for a sorority event my twin daughters had. They were supposed to be a modern twist on a 50’s style skirt. I made the skirts by using a Burda pattern #8176. I had to downsize the pattern as it smallest size was a 34 inch hip and my daughters have a almost 32 inch hip. The skirts have a yoke with a side zipper and the fabric is a black cotton polyester blend that has beautiful hand. They received lots of compliments on them at the event, which makes me very happy to know that they enjoyed them and were confident while wearing them.

2 comments:

SakshiDez said...

Totally chic!!

Renaissance Festivals said...

its very beautiful and prefect costumes for young girls..

Renaissance-Festivals.com also provides amazing collocation of medieval/pirate costumes..