Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Owl Birthday Dress










































I just wanted to share some photos of my new creation. I made this dress for a little girl that my daughter nanny’s for. The pattern I used is by Farbenmix / Studio Tantrum, The Feliz Dress. It has two layers with a pinafore on top and a dress under which I embellished with ruffles. The upper back section has four rows of elastic that is decorative as well as convenient for putting on and taking off. The tie in the back also helps to adjust the dress as she grows.
The owl fabric was purchased from JoAnn Fabrics and the brown check fabric was purchased from Chez Ami in their fabric section.
The dress form that it is on is for a size 4t and the dress is a size 6, so it looks a bit large in the pictures.

2 comments:

ANKH said...

That is a very cute dress!

I found you thru Burda Style. Thanks for posting the link to my contest! :)

henthornehandmade.blogspot.com

sew4my3 said...

Hello ANKH,

I feel like a jerk not replying to your comments. I am so sorry.

Yes I remember posting your contest at burdastyle. I hope it increased your hits! Anytime you have some news please feel free to let me know and I will do my best to be your blabbermouth. Hehe

As you may know I am the moderator for the Burdastyle website, so if you need anything by way of that please let me know.

It's great to get to know you!